Wednesday, October 9, 2013

home


Home is a tricky thing to define. It's where you live, but it's more than just your physical location. It's not only a place for your body to rest, but it's a place for your mind to be set at ease and for your heart to be filled. The Smokies have always felt like my home away from home, even though I only get to see them once every few years at most. I can imagine myself physically living there for the rest of my life - but only if I have people with me that ease my mind and fill my heart. "Home" requires complex ingredients.

The mountains have long been a place that people sought solace in. Higher to heaven, closer to nature and clean air. If one meditated long enough there, could you begin to strip away the more complicated trappings of "home"? Could you get down to the bare basics, and simply enjoy the place you are in? We tend to construct our own ideal versions of things, and let that perfection get in the way of appreciating what is real. But what if you're unsatisfied with that reality, what if you have a Nadja moment? When the closer you look at what you do have, the more you come to dislike it.


Change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment